Though pregnancy is one of the most fulfilling experiences of a woman’s life, it also brings many problems in its wake. Hemorrhoids treatment during pregnancy are one of the problems faced by women all over the world. Thankfully, in most cases, these hemorrhoids vanish after the pregnancy.
Hemorrhoids are caused by constipation, which is one of the most common problems faced by pregnant women all over the world. They are also caused by standing for long durations. With the passage of time, the fetal sac exerts pressure on the rectum and the perineum, which can also worsen the hemorrhoids during pregnancy. It’s also seen that women, who encounter hemorrhoids in their first pregnancy, often suffer from them in their subsequent pregnancies as well, and it may even become worse.
Most people wonder what hemorrhoids really are. During pregnancy, the blood vessels increase in size due to the pressure exerted by the fetus. These swollen blood vessels are known as hemorrhoids. Generally, these hemorrhoids can be classified into two kinds. Internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids. The hemorrhoids situated in the rectum are known as internal hemorrhoids and the external hemorrhoids (covered by a skin layer) are situated outside near the anal region. These hemorrhoids can be as small as a raisin or as big as a grape.
During pregnancy, the digestive system slows down due to the over secretion of hormones. This causes constipation. Sometimes, bleeding may also occur due to hemorrhoids. In such cases it’s a good idea to inform your doctor about your problem so that he can take care of these hemorrhoids and prevent them from getting worse.
Tips to relieve the itching, burning and pain caused by hemorrhoids
- Walking is the best way to relieve the pain. Don’t stand or sit for long durations
- Don’t sit on hard surfaces. Keep a pillow with you in case you have to sit on a hard surface
- Baking soda can help relieve the burning or the itching sensation
- little baking soda added to a warm bath is also a good idea. Some people like to have a Sitz bath (alternate streams of cold and hot water)
- You can talk to your pharmacist and get medicated pads which can help in relieving the itching and pain
- To reduce the swelling, try some witch hazel which works well as a natural cure
- Though hemorrhoids are a temporary condition, they are irritating and painful. Hence, if you have such a problem, be sure to talk to your doctor.
Tips to prevent and control hemorrhoids
- Regular intake of fruits and vegetables can help in preventing constipation and hemorrhoids
- Don’t hold your urge when you want to go to the bathroom since that will only worsen your case
- A good amount of fiber from cereals, spinach, apples can go a long way in preventing hemorrhoids
- Fluids like prune juice can help in preventing constipation and hemorrhoids
If you suffer from hemorrhoids as long as you can remember and want to be free from pain forever, then I strongly recommend that you check out this website.